Monday, July 13, 2009

Prescription Coupons

Prescription coupons are a great way to earn some free gift cards for something you are going to have to buy anyway! I do what I have heard some people refer to as the "prescription transfer game." I have a prescription that needs to be filled on a monthly basis - my copay on it is $9, and I occasionally receive coupons via the drug's manufacturer for $5 off, bringing my copay down to $4. If I use a prescription transfer coupon when I get it filled (most of them are for a $25 giftcard with any new or transfered prescription) then I just made a profit of $21!

The stores that carry these coupons in my area are usually CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Kroger, Kmart and Target. Having gift cards for these places always come in handy for me to use to pay my OOP costs for my weekly purchases (after coupons of course! hehe)

There is a new Kmart prescription transfer coupon in their ad this week for a $25 Kmart Gift Card (GC) with any transferred prescription purchase (up to 4, and the value of the GC cannot exceed the value of the prescription) - expires 7/25. If you have 4 prescriptions, this means you could get up to $100 in gift cards!

Other coupons that are still available:

* Target - $10 Target Gift Card (GC) with any NEW or transferred prescription purchase from the 6/28 insert - expires 7/13.
* Rite Aid - $25 Rite Aid Gift Card (GC) with any transferred prescription purchase from the 7/5 insert (or you can print the Rite Aid $25 transfer coupon good until 7/31 here) - expires 7/19.

Centsable Momma also summarized various store's policy when it comes to accepting competitor coupons:

* Meijer will honor competitor prescription coupons, but will only offer up to $10.
* CVS will accept competitor prescription coupons. Plus you earn $1 ECB's for every 2 prescriptions filled at CVS.
* Kmart will accept competitor coupons
* Dominick's (Safeway) will also honor competitor coupons even if they are expired.
* Other pharmacies that accept competitor coupons are Osco Drug, Fry’s Food Stores, Albertson’s Food Stores and even some Walgreen’s will do so but this a YMMV situation.


Remember, if you are unsure if a pharmacy will take your coupon, just call ahead before you fill it!

No comments: